RecreationResidents of the Town of Hardisty work hard, and they like to play hard, too. Multiple organizations work with the municipality to ensure recreational opportunities are available to both children and adults year-round.
- GIBSON ENERGY Centre (Arena)
- Hardisty Ball Diamonds
- Hardisty Community Hall
- Hardisty Lake Park
- Hardisty Lakeview Golf Course
- Hardisty Rodeo Grounds
- Hardisty Ski Trails
- Hardisty Soccer Fields
GIBSON ENERGY Centre (Arena)The Gibson Energy Centre, also known as the Hardisty Arena, is a single-pad ice rink located in the heart of town. The arena is open from October to the end of March each year, and besides Minor Hockey rentals, is also used for CanSkate, Figure Skating, Shinny, Public Skates and fun league hockey. The adjacent curling rink offers up three sheets and is in use all winter long. An upstairs hall at the curling rink provides a warm place to watch friends and family members throw rocks, or to hold gatherings.
- Built in 1950s, multiple renovations since
- Recently repaired exterior cement on building and addressed grade-related water issues
- Next major project is repair/renovation of change rooms
- Interior seating and lobby seating
- Managed by the Hardisty Agricultural Society
- To book, phone James Morrison at 780-888-5656.
Hardisty Ball DiamondsThe Hardisty Ball Diamonds are maintained by the Hardisty Ball Association. The diamonds see heavy use in the summer and autumn months, both in minor ball and adult-league ball. To book the diamond for a private event, contact Stevie MacRae at 780-888-1273.
(Back to top)
Hardisty Community HallBuilt in April 1991, the Town of Hardisty Community Hall is a multi-use facility with a stage, a kitchen, bar, and coat room.
- Max capacity: 500
- Kitchen renovated in 2016.
- Full PA system & projection system
- Adjacent parking lot
- Parking lot doubles as basketball court when not in use for hall functions
- Managed by the Hardisty Community Hall Board
- To schedule use of the Hall, phone 780-888-3623.
Hardisty Lake ParkHardisty Lake is a gem located within the borders of the Town of Hardisty. The lake is surrounded by both private residences and Hardisty Lake Park, which features a beach and swimming area, campsites, and public picnic areas. The park is maintained by the Hardisty Agricultural Society. For more information, including rates, see our Hardisty Lake Park business listing.
- Adjacent public ball diamond, rodeo grounds, and Hardisty Lakeview Golf Course
- Firewood available for purchase
- Open annually May 1 to Oct. 1
- Nearby public boat launch
- 58 camping sites
- Seven group sites
- 51 full-service sites
- All sites have power
- Park water is non-potable
- 20 overflow campsites in adjacent rodeo grounds
- Sites are first come, first serve
- Staffed Warden's cabin from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Park closed from 11 p.m. to 6 p.m. for security
- Phone 780-888-2700 to book a site or for inquiries
(Back to top)