Town of Hardisty Recycling Area
Posted on Monday June 09, 2014 at 12:03PM
We have been having issues with keeping the recycling area clean as a number people are using the dumpster for getting rid of excess bags, or to save a trip down to the transfer station.
This dumpster is intended for the disposal of packing materials and other non-recyclables while you are bringing in recyclable materials only – things like leftover styrofoam and plastic bags you use to bring your recyclables to the area. This is not a location for residents to get rid of extra garbage.
Also, when the garbage bins are used, they are often filled to overflowing. A simple wind, or animals, and that garbage will end up all over the Town of Hardisty. This isn’t good for you, your neighbors, or your town.
Garbage is picked up every Monday by the Flagstaff Regional Solid Waste Management Association. Should you be doing a renovation or major clean-up, FRSWMA can rent bins for your use – contact them at (780) 384-3950. You are allowed a maximum of four (4) bags of garbage per week as part of your regular pickup. Should you need to get rid of additional garbage bags, we have bag tags available at the Town of Hardisty Office for $2 each. As well, the Transfer Site is open Saturday mornings from 8:30am until noon, and the Landfill located between Lougheed and Sedgewick is open from 8am until 4pm Monday through Friday, and 1pm to 4:30pm Saturdays.
Should you witness someone dumping household waste at the public works recycling area, please contact the Town Office at (780) 888-3623. Please help us to keep this area clean!
Kevin Miller, CAO
Town of Hardisty
Author: Town of Hardisty
Comment on our article:
- The Unofficial 2017 Municipal Election Results for the Town of Hardisty
- Fire Prevention Week 2017: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out.”
- Regional Governance Model Progressing
- Tarring on Main Street
- Coffee & Donuts with MP Sorenson
- Highway 13 access from 47 Street permanently closed
- Road closures as Highway 13/881 construction begins on July 7
- Toddlers Inn 2017-18 Registration
- Enbridge to start construction this summer on Line 3 replacement pipeline