Election Day is Tuesday!
Posted on Friday November 27, 2015 at 03:29PM
Just a reminder that the Town of Hardisty By-Election day is Tuesday, December 1st. Voting time is from 10:00a.m. to 8:00p.m. at the Town of Hardisty Office – Council Chambers. Civic location: 4807-49th Strt.
Voting ID Requirements – one of the following:
- Photo ID issued by a Canadian government or agency (federal, provincial or local)
- Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque
- Government cheque or cheque stub
- Residential lease or mortgage statement
- Statement of government benefits (eg. EI, OAS, Social Assist., Disability Support, or Child Tax Benefit)
- Utility Bill (eg. Telephone, Electricity, Gas, Water/Sewer)
- ONLY (1) DOCUMENTWITH YOUR NAME & ADDRESS IS NEEDED
- EVERYONE WILL HAVE TO SIGN A STATEMENT OF ELECTOR ELIGIBILITY as well provide any one of the above noted documents that contains your name & address.
Voter Eligibility: As per Sec. 47 of the Local Authorities Election Act:
A person is eligible to vote in an election if:
• the person is at least 18 yrs of age
• the person is a Canadian citizen
• the person has resided in Alberta for 6 consecutive months immediately preceding election day; and
• the person’s place of residence is located in the area on election day.
The 6 mths does not have to be in Hardisty, only in ALBERTA.
An elector is eligible to vote only at the voting station for the voting subdivision in which the elector’s place of residence is located on election day. This means Town of Hardisty. If you place of residency is outside of the municipal borders of the Town of Hardisty then you are NOT eligible.
Author: Town of Hardisty