Lagoon Desludging and Dewatering
Posted on Tuesday August 30, 2016 at 09:13AM
UPDATE: Sept. 12th, 2016
Update to the Open Tender for the Town of Hardisty Lagoon Desludge & Dewatering:
Please be advised that tender documents are to be submitted by Sept. 30th, 2016 by 2:00p.m. to Morrison & Hershfield via e-mail: AKhan@morrisonhershfield.com with hard copy to follow. There was a mandatory site meeting on September 8th, 2016 and if you as a contractor did not register and attend the mandatory site meeting you will not be able to submit a bid. We thank everyone for the inquiries on this tender and if you have any questions please contact Abdul or Kahlid 780-483-5200 ext. 1042227 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Town of Hardisty
Town of Hardisty - Lagoon Desludging and Dewatering
INVITATION TO TENDER
The Town of Hardisty Alberta, invites tenders for the desludging and dewatering of two of its anaerobic lagoons at the Sewage Lagoons. The major work components includes but not limited to the following:
- Mobilization and demobilization to/from the site
- All pumping and piping required to drawdown the partially treated sewage in the lagoons to a minimum depth of 1.3m or lower, to the adjoining lagoon(s)
- All pumping/mixing apparatus, equipment and piping as required to desludge the lagoon and convey to the location of proposed dewatering process
- Removal of approximately 2000 m3 of sludge containing sediments and solids with composition as described in the Golder Associates’ report (Appendix A)
- Supply and installation of geotextile tubes (or other dewatering technology) to dewatered sludge removed from the lagoons
- Construction of laydown area for geotextile tubes (if applicable), complete with temporary fencing. The temporary fence shall remain in place until the dewatered sludge is removed from the lagoon site
- Supply of all chemical conditioning (polymer) materials, mixing and dosing systems necessary to complete the dewatering process
- Removal and disposal of the dewatered sludge at an approved landfill, agricultural land or any other method as proposed in the bid submission, including obtaining any applicable permitting from Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) and other agencies.
Tender documents may be obtained from Morrison Hershfield Limited from the Project manager, Mr. Abdul Khan, P.Eng by sending an email with subject heading “Town of Hardisty – Lagoon Desludging and Dewatering” to AKhan@morrisonhershfield.com . Failure to register with the Engineer will mean that any addenda will not be communicated to the bidder in time or not at all. Failure to acknowledge all the addenda shall make the bid null and void.
There is a mandatory site meeting on September 8th (11:00 am) at the Town Office located at 4807 – 49 Street, Hardisty Alberta.
Tenders must be submitted in accordance with the terms and conditions specified in the tender package.
Author: Town of Hardisty
Comment on our article:
- Hardisty Market
- Town Wide Garage Sale
- 2018 Golf Tournament
- Employment Opportunity - Summer Public Works Assistants (2018)
- Flagstaff Waste Management Christmas Collection Schedule
- Appt. of Mayor & Deputy Mayor
- The Unofficial 2017 Municipal Election Results for the Town of Hardisty
- Fire Prevention Week 2017: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out.”