Posted on Monday September 12, 2016 at 11:10AM
Our partners and friends at CP Rail have reminded us that Rail Safety is up to all of us. With students back in class for the 2016-17 school year, we want to do our part to remind everyone to stay safe.
While statistics of reported crossing collisions & trespassing incidents at the Hardisty yard are not a concern at this time, the Town of Hardisty and Mr. M. LoVecchio (CP Rail Director Government Affairs) are encouraging students and all residents to be safe around all railway operations.
In a letter to Mayor Miller, Mr. LoVecchio also stated that “…with the launch of Pokemon Go, geo-tagged sites have appeared where train operations and related activities occur… [and] in addition to general reminders about choosing the safe route and sticking to it, we are warning kids and parents alike that railway property is a “Pokemon No-Go Zone”.
Author: Town of Hardisty
Comment on our article:
- Appt. of Mayor & Deputy Mayor
- The Unofficial 2017 Municipal Election Results for the Town of Hardisty
- Fire Prevention Week 2017: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out.”
- Regional Governance Model Progressing
- Tarring on Main Street
- Coffee & Donuts with MP Sorenson
- Highway 13 access from 47 Street permanently closed
- Road closures as Highway 13/881 construction begins on July 7
- Toddlers Inn 2017-18 Registration