News from Municipal Affairs
Posted on Monday October 24, 2016 at 09:47AM
Summer 2016 Tour
On May 31, 2016, the Modernized Municipal Government Act was introduced in the legislature. Municipal Affairs travelled to 20 locations across Alberta during June and July, 2016 to discuss the proposed changes to the MGA through public sessions. Each session included a presentation on the MGA Review, a question and answer period, and an open house to discuss the changes in more detail.
These public sessions provided Albertan’s with the opportunity to review the proposed amendments and provide their feedback before the Legislature completes debate of the bill during the fall 2016 sitting.
Albertan’s were also invited to provide their feedback to the changes included in the Modernized Municipal Government Act through an on-line questionnaire.
What We Heard document has been prepared that captures the feedback received during the Summer 2016 consultation.
Author: Town of Hardisty
Comment on our article:
- The Unofficial 2017 Municipal Election Results for the Town of Hardisty
- Fire Prevention Week 2017: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out.”
- Regional Governance Model Progressing
- Tarring on Main Street
- Coffee & Donuts with MP Sorenson
- Highway 13 access from 47 Street permanently closed
- Road closures as Highway 13/881 construction begins on July 7
- Toddlers Inn 2017-18 Registration
- Enbridge to start construction this summer on Line 3 replacement pipeline