FIP Information Package NOW AVAILBLE
Posted on Monday October 31, 2016 at 09:26AM
Communities Collaboration Initiative Information Package Now Available
Public urged to be part of the conversation
October 28, 2016 - For immediate release
A comprehensive information package outlining progress-to-date, public survey results and guiding principles of the Flagstaff Intermunicipal Partnership (FIP) Regional Governance Initiative is now available to the public in preparation for upcoming community open houses. People are encouraged to read the package to prepare for the open houses.
“A lot of work has taken place over the past six months, and some really good information has made our situation much more clear,” said Bob Coutts, Deputy Mayor of Forestburg and FIP Chair. “It is extremely important for people to have these facts and an informed opinion in advance of the open houses, so we can have a focused conversation on the region’s future.”
Four open houses are confirmed for the Public Engagement Phase of the project:
- November 1st –Strome Seniors Centre. 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- November 3rd – Alliance Community Hall, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- November 19th – Heisler Seniors Centre, 10 a.m. to 1p.m.
- November 19th – Hardisty Community Hall, 2 to 5 p.m.
The Flagstaff Communities Collaboration Initiative is exploring creative opportunities through greater regional collaboration. Using input from citizens and community leaders, its goal is to develop a new vision for the region to help it become more successful over the long-term. It is expected to be completed in December 2017.
The Flagstaff Intermunicipal Partnership is a committee comprised of representatives from all municipalities within the Flagstaff Region: the Towns of Daysland, Hardisty, Killam and Sedgewick, the Villages of Alliance, Forestburg, Heisler and Lougheed, and Flagstaff County. More information on the FIP Communities Collaboration Initiative can be found at www.flagstaffunited.ca
For more information, contact:
Chair, Flagstaff Intermunicipal Partnership
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 780-679-4721
Author: Town of Hardisty
Comment on our article:
- Hardisty Market
- Town Wide Garage Sale
- 2018 Golf Tournament
- Employment Opportunity - Summer Public Works Assistants (2018)
- Flagstaff Waste Management Christmas Collection Schedule
- Appt. of Mayor & Deputy Mayor
- The Unofficial 2017 Municipal Election Results for the Town of Hardisty
- Fire Prevention Week 2017: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out.”