Autism Society of Alberta
Posted on Wednesday November 23, 2016 at 09:38AM
AUTISM ALBERTA WANTS TO CONTACT YOU!
Kitty Parlby is
- the mother of a son with severe autism
- a special needs Educational Assistant
- a speaker/presenter on the subject of Autism
- AND on the Board of Directors for Autism Alberta
- Reading up on and using only one type of Autism strategy. There are MANY Autism programs, treatments, theories and approaches. Knowledge is power. Read books, listen to webinars, go to workshops, share knowledge and experiences with other Autism families; absorb all you can in whatever way works for you
- Not knowing about all the resources that are available to you. When you don’t live in or near a big city, you may be wondering where to get services or assistance for yourself or your family member with Autism. Chasing down your available options can cause a huge amount of stress to you and your family.
- Going it alone. Are you and your family super-stressed with the challenges you face? Do you have a support network? People you can talk to who understand what you’re going through and won’t judge?
You can join the Facebook group: Autism Families Rural/Small Town Central Alberta
You can be a member of Autism Alberta (it’s free) on the website
Or ... email Kitty Parlby
In the future we would like to provide educational webinars or podcasts. Please send us your topic ideas!
The Autism Alberta has partnerships with Dr. David Nicholas (U of C), Dr. Tony Bailey (UBC) and the Cariboo Chilcotin Child Development Centre to look into ways to better engage families of and individuals with autism in isolated/small towns, and rural and remote regions.
Author: Town of Hardisty
Comment on our article:
- Service Options for Seniors
- Hardisty Curling Club
- Flagstaff Waste Management Christmas Collection Schedule
- Appt. of Mayor & Deputy Mayor
- The Unofficial 2017 Municipal Election Results for the Town of Hardisty
- Fire Prevention Week 2017: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out.”
- Regional Governance Model Progressing
- Tarring on Main Street