Mayors Miller and Rock teleconference with RCMP re: increased crime
Posted on Thursday March 02, 2017 at 11:58AM
Mayor Anita Miller and Chief Administrative Officer Sandy Otto (Town of Hardisty), and Mayor Bill Rock (Village of Amisk) joined Acting Commanding Officer Marlin Degrand, who oversees all criminal operations and programs for the RCMP in Alberta, and Commanding Superintendent Shahin Mehdizadeh, who is responsible for all 27 detachments in the Eastern Alberta district.
The teleconference brought to the attention of the RCMP the concerns of elected officials and residents throughout Flagstaff, Coronation, Provost, and Paintearth Counties, as well as the towns of Castor and Brownfield, regarding the growing number of break-ins and thefts taking place in the communities.
Elected officials inquired about allocating additional resources to assist our local detachments, and what resources our communities could supply to assist our detachments to curtail criminal activities while supporting our detachments.
Per Supt. Mehdizadeh, all 27 detachments are working to provide additional support. A/Commanding Officer Degrand has further pledged his attention and will be further assisting in providing better communication to elected officials as it relates to this matter. A meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 6 with CAO Otto, elected officials and Supt. Mehdizadeh to develop a course of action to focus on the situation.
Mayor Anita Miller & Mayor Bill Rock
Author: Town of Hardisty
Comment on our article:
- Appt. of Mayor & Deputy Mayor
- The Unofficial 2017 Municipal Election Results for the Town of Hardisty
- Fire Prevention Week 2017: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out.”
- Regional Governance Model Progressing
- Tarring on Main Street
- Coffee & Donuts with MP Sorenson
- Highway 13 access from 47 Street permanently closed
- Road closures as Highway 13/881 construction begins on July 7
- Toddlers Inn 2017-18 Registration