Rail Safety Week
Posted on Friday April 21, 2017 at 11:56AM
The Town Of Hardisty is very reliant on rail; in fact, we wouldn't be where we are today if the rail hadn't come through here more than a century ago.
Railways are inherently fraught with many types of danger, both to pedestrians, vehicle operators, wildlife, and train operators and passengers.
It is for that reason that Town of Hardisty Council declares April 24 to April 30, 2017, as Rail Safety Week, joining in with other organizations, businesses and municipalities across #Canada in doing so. Canadian Pacific and its police service will be running education campaigns all week long country-wide.
There is never an age too early or too late to discuss Rail Safety with children, family, friends, and colleagues.
Author: Town of Hardisty
Comment on our article:
- Bringing good breast health to you -AHS Mobile Screen Test
- Motorcyclists! Do you feel lucky?
- May 23 Regular Council Meeting cancelled
- Regarding potholes/Road Quality
- Special Curbside pickup days during Easter
- Deputy mayor of Hardisty, AB is ‘100 per cent behind’ the Keystone XL pipeline
- Police arrest man in Hardisty after investigation
- Did you know?