Highway 13/881 Construction (Updated w/Dates & Map)
Posted on Wednesday June 21, 2017 at 04:11PM
Road construction continues with the announcement from Stantec Engineering regarding the award of the Highway 13 & Highway 881 Improvement Project to Central City Asphalt.
Anticipated commencement is within the next couple of weeks. Late last year, Alberta Transportation announced that it was going to move ahead with this project. The project will include:
- Highways 13 and 881 will have basic asphalt rehabilitation work completed. A mill and inlay of the driving lanes and a 50 mm asphalt overlay mill occur on Highway 13 near Hardisty. Highway 881 will be cold milled 50 mm and replaced with a 50 mm overlay. This will keep the Highway 811 width into Hardisty consistent with the current width.
- There will be intersection improvements at the Town’s new 48 Street access onto Highway 13. The intersection will be upgraded to a type IIIA intersection.
- At the intersection of Hwy 13 and 881 the intersection will be shifted slightly to the east to allow for a dedicated southbound right turn lane onto Hwy 13. Additional lighting will also be added at the intersection to improve safety at this location.
- Along Highway 881 we plan to install illumination from Highway 13 to 48 Avenue in Hardisty.
- The closure of the Range Road 100A access at Highway 13 in exchange for the 48 Street access to Highway 13. Plan is to remove the access at Highway and construct a cul-de-sac style turn around on Range Road 100A just before Highway 13 so that traffic can turn around at that location.
CAO, Town of Hardisty
Author: Town of Hardisty
Comment on our article:
- Tarring on Main Street
- Coffee & Donuts with MP Sorenson
- Highway 13 access from 47 Street permanently closed
- Road closures as Highway 13/881 construction begins on July 7
- Toddlers Inn 2017-18 Registration
- Enbridge to start construction this summer on Line 3 replacement pipeline
- Bringing good breast health to you -AHS Mobile Screen Test
- Motorcyclists! Do you feel lucky?